Saturday 2 March 2013

Tedriffic!


Well, I finally saw the movie Ted and I'm delighted to tell you that it was absolutely awesome. It was much better than I had expected and hoped it to be. I've been raving about it to everyone I know all week and I've already watched it several times because its just that good.



What makes Ted so special is that it combines so many different elements and balances them perfectly. Not only that, but its so unique in its take on the Teddy Bear genre. I mean if this was done by anybody other than Seth MacFarlane, say Disney for example, you'd probably get the usual wholesome squeaky clean PG rated stuff targeted for child audiences and guaranteed not to offend anybody. All too predictable. Ted on the other hand manages to be funny, cute, sad, uplifting, offensive, politically incorrect and anything else you can think of all at the same time. The emotional moments are genuine but not too soppy and the humour is, well, did I mention politically incorrect?

 
Ted is not your typical cuddly Teddy Bear. Hes vulgar and rude, and he smokes and drinks. There are scenes you might expect and and then there's stuff you wouldnt have imagined. Admittedly its not for everyone, but if you don't offend easily, if you love the eighties and enjoy spotting pop culture references, and if you've got a big heart and you love Teddy Bears, then you'll adore the movie Ted, as well as Ted himself.

Here's a few more screenshots to enjoy. Follow the links for larger versions.








No comments:

Post a Comment